Exchange on December 31, 2011.
Wife: What to you want for dinner?
Me: I’m going to skip a meal.
Me: I want to go into 2012 hungry.
Wife: You are an idiot.
And I was hungry this morning. You have to be hungry to create good art, dammit. Maybe not literally, but that helps too, or so I’ve heard. You also got to have goals. Today being New Year 2012 I’d like to set a couple simple, realistic and obtainable goals.
- 250 dollars, for writing. This is probably the toughest. I am not a professional writer so, I’m not sure how this will work out, but I have some plans. I paid about 110 for this blog so that’s better than 100 percent profit if I can make it happen.
- Write 2 books, first and second drafts at least. I’d like to do NaNoWriMo but it don’t think it will jive with my schedule.
- Take my collection of short stories and poems and publish them to the Amazon Kindle Store. Charge a buck, see goal one.
- Collect some stories to do a podcast next year.
- Keep up with my new blog. I think a couple posts a week and a story a month will do.
These are not, by the way, resolutions. I gave up soda for my 2012 resolution. So far so good.
What are your writing goals for 2012?